DAY 17 | 21 Day Fast | How to Make 2018 a Year of Progress
HOW TO MAKE 2018 A YEAR OF PROGRESS
First of all, you were actually meant to make progress in life- significant progress! But there's one sector of your life and mine that is the single most limiting factor in attaining any progress or breakthrough we need. In fact, this sector of your life is so important that it is the primary area the enemy bombards over and over again! Why? Because he knows that if you break free in this area of your life, you can effectively level him in his tracks and blaze a trail to what used to be impossible! What is this area? It's the mind (the way you think)!
This area is so important to every single persons life, that the Bible spends a considerable amount of time on it. You've probably read Romans 12 dozens of times (no pun intended), "Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect," (verse 12).
Every miracle Jesus did was not only meant to bring about a resolution to peoples problems, but it was also meant to renew the minds of His followers. This is why Jesus rebuked His disciples for their lack of faith in Matthew 16:8! They had gotten into a boat and sailed out when Jesus cautioned them about the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees. Immediately the disciples were worried that Jesus was concerned that they had not brought bread with them. I think the part that makes this so laughable is that they had literally just partnered with Jesus in the miraculous feeding of 4,000 people from seven loaves of bread and a few fish!
It's laughable, but we're all like this. God could give us the sun and the moon, and we will still would have times when our minds want to go the way of human reasoning rather than Holy Spirit-inspired reasoning. This is simply because the renewing of the mind is a lifelong continual process.
So here are some quick very compressed nuggets on renewing your mind to make great progress in 2018:
- Assess how last year went. Did meet your goals? Did you feel you made progress in the areas you desired? If not, why not?
- Set new goals for 2018. If you have not already done so, identify some areas you really want to see progress this year. Write them down!
- Identify any limiting beliefs. We all have limiting beliefs in certain areas. They are actually the number one thing that will keep you stuck! They sound like this: "I don't know how, I'm not good enough, I don't have what it takes, I don't have enough money, I could never do that," these are all limiting beliefs.
- Reframe your limiting beliefs into liberating truths. Instead of saying "I don't know how," try saying, "With God's help, I'm going to learn how!" Find Scriptures that speak truth into your limiting beliefs and meditate on them over and over!
- Step out and begin to put action to your new beliefs. Ask for God's help and direction and start acting in faith on your goals.
Jesus worked extensively to show His disciples that as long as they followed radically after Him, the word "impossible" shouldn't be in their mental dictionary. And it shouldn't be in yours either, or at least it doesn't have to be!
Pastor Marc Eidahl | New Life Church - Bismarck